ETCS Level 2 Denmark, Traffic Management
The Traffic Management is the railway-operation’s central element to assure the expected improvement in operational performance put forward to justify the investments into the Signalling Programme, the implementation of ETCS level 2 on the entire network of Denmark. With regards to the duplication of traffic in the future, latest science operational processes are applied to traffic management by centralised traffic control centres.
The objective of operational performance is satisfying the expectations of present and future rail customers. The institutional relationship between the infrastructure operator and the train operating companies is designed based on responsibilities to align processes to achieve this. The improvement in the effectiveness of the Traffic Management is based on the introduction of a control loop model of traffic management incorporating also conflict-prediction and real-time rescheduling processes (conflict resolution).
- Description of Customer’s service perception
- Design of Traffic Management Processes
- Description of roles of all the stakeholders and their representation on the TMS
- Description of a proper Decision Support System
- Outline the Workflow at the Control Centre
- Setting up Interfaces to other systems
- Overall design and configuration of Control Centre